Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #9: Books to Read in a Day



Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish with a different topic for a top-ten list each week. You can find out more about it here.


The links will take you to my reviews.


This week's topic is:


Top Ten Books to Read in a Day


1. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews


This book is hilarious, probably the funniest book I've ever read. And when you're laughing hysterically, you don't notice the time passing, so this is the perfect book to read in one day.


2. dancergirl by Carol M. Tanzman


Mysteries are always good to read in one day, since the suspense will keep you turning the pages even if you only wanted to read one or two chapters. And this mystery is short but good.


3. Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally


I can't even explain why I read Catching Jordan in one day - everything is just right. The day I was reading this book, whenever I wanted to do something else, I found myself sneaking glances at the book and thinking whether I could read just one more chapter. And then I ended up reading the whole book.


4. And Then Things Fall Apart by Arlaina Tibensky


And Then Things Fall Apart is the perfect book to read in a day because you just don't notice the time passing. With this one, it doesn't feel like you're reading a book - it feels as if your best friend is telling you a story. And why not listen to your friend until she's done telling her story?


5. Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott


This one is on this list simply because of shock value. What you're reading is so horrifying, you just can't stop.


6. Choker by Elizabeth Woods


Another mystery, and this one is just so thrilling. It's creepy and scary and I couldn't stop reading  until I knew.


7. Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers (or any other Courtney Summers book)


Courtney Summers can pack so much emotion into so few phrases. Her writing is sparse, so you can read one of her books super-quickly, without it losing any of its impact.


8. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher


I can't explain why, but I couldn't stop reading Thirteen Reasons Why once I'd picked it up. It's breathtaking, and I couldn't put it down until having read the very last page.


9. By the Time You Read This, I'll Be Dead by Julie Anne Peters


The premise of this book basically ensured that I'd read it in one sitting - you just have to find out whether Daelyn actually goes through with it.


10. Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley


Graffiti Moon takes place over just one night, and I liked reading it quickly, too - makes you feel like you're right there with Lucy, like it's really happening to you.


So these are the top ten books I recommend reading in a day. What about you?

2 comments:

  1. I almost purchased Me and Earl and the Dying Girl last night, and now I wish I had. Will definitely be picking up a copy next time I see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely have to echo you on the Courtney Summers books! The writing is so powerful but quick, and her storytelling is always compelling ,you basically don't want to stop. dancergirl went by super fast, too -- I think that one might be part of a series, too? Or so it looks like it might end up one from what I see on Goodreads.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...